We’re only a week and a half shy of the District Championships! I’ve had a few questions in regards to who will be running, and the answer is everyone! All JV and Varsity runners will compete at Districts (if they’re healthy). For many it some it will be the last race of the year, but hopefully not for all. Districts will be at Pine Nursery this year in the middle of the day on Wednesday, the 27th. We will be checking out the course a few times before then, but let’s be honest, we do that pretty regularly as is. Last week was a great one. We notched another couple of wins on the boys side with both Varsity and JV taking the spot, and the girls raced really well to get 3rd!! Many highlights, but my favorites are always seeing those PRs happen. We’re definitely looking to see a couple more top times tumble down next week.
This Week’s Schedule:
- Monday 10/18 – 3:40pm @ MV. 45-60 min easy run with 4 strides and a little bit of strength & core.
- Tuesday 10/19 – 3:40pm @ MV. Run to Eagle park for some short intervals.
- Wednesday 10/20 – 2:10pm @ MV. Captain led Canal Trail out & back. 20 minutes out, then turn around. Core.
- Thursday 10/21 – 3:45 @ Pine Nursery. District Course cut down intervals.
- Friday 10/22 – 3:40 @ MV. 30 min easy run.
- Saturday 10/23 – 8:30 @ Shevlin Park. Easy out to the far end of the park. 2-min on, 1-min off on the way back.
- Sunday 10/24 – REST
- Monday 10/25 – 3:40 @ MV. 20 min easy run, long strides on the football field.
- Tuesday 10/26 – 3:40 @ MV. Easy shake out jog and strides.
- Wednesday 10/27 – District Championships @ Pine Nursery. Athletes excused @ 10:40am. Be at Pine Nursery by 11:00am.
- JV Boys race @ 12:40pm
- Varsity Girls race @ 1:20pm
- Varsity Boys race @2:00pm
**Bring warm clothes!!! Bring extra clothes and thin gloves/beanies. It will potentially be cold and windy. Be hydrating always, but especially from Sunday on… Eat a good breakfast, and have some small, healthy snacks (pretzels, fruit, bars, etc.) during the day, but I would not suggest having a normal sized lunch.
Let’s get hyped!! Go Cougs!