Eugene treated the team pretty well. Our ladies got us started with some awesome times and high placings on a beautiful, autumnal course. The guys Varsity played some tactical games on the way to a 1,2,3 podium sweep and an overall team victory. Very shortly after, the JV boys scored another team victory on the back of some gutsy racing. Lunch and the campus walk wasn’t quite the same and SPLASH, but it was still fun.
This week is our last race before Districts. It is a chance to run on a fast, beautiful course that will give a lone comparison to fitness from last Spring’s season. We’re not quite ready to take the foot off the accelerator just yet though as we have 2 1/2 weeks until we need to be primed. So, expect to work hard still this week.
This week’s schedule:
- Monday 10/11 – 3:40pm @ MV. 40-60 minute easy jog with some strides & lunges.
- Tuesday 10/12 – 3:40pm @ MV. Longer tempo & Race intervals at Al Moody park.
- Wednesday 10/13 – 3:40pm @ MV. Easy 20 minute jog and 4 strides.
- Thursday 10/14 – RACE DAY @ Black Butte Ranch. **There is no bus transportation to the meet** You must get a ride with parents or teammates. Bring water and a snack. Eat a sensible lunch, enough to last you until 5pm, but not so much that you’re crazy full.
- Athletes will be excused @ 1pm from class.
- Please arrive @ Black Butte Ranch (13020 Hawks Beard, Sisters, OR 97759) by 2:30pm
- Boys JV @ 3:30pm
- Girls Varsity @ 4:00pm
- Boys Varsity @ 4:30pm
- Friday 10/15 – Meet @ the grass area across the flag bridge from the Old Mill Shopping area @ 4pm. Easy run on the river trail loop from there and strides in the grass. Afterward, we’re going to the theatre to watch the new Bond movie. It starts @ 5:00pm. Tickets are on the team. Bring $$ for snacks if you’d like some. This is completely optional and I’ll figure out how many tickets to get when we meet up. Bring some spare clothes to change into so you’re not wearing your smelly clothes into the theatre. You need a mask!! We should be done by 8pm.
- Saturday/Sunday – Do something active. Run, hike, bike, anything. Just don’t sit around for both days (unless your hurt and recovering).