Hope you have all had a great weekend! This week will be the last week we will get together as a team, at least for a little while. We will wait to get some clarity on what this fall will look like and what the school district will allow. In the meantime, the athletic department wants all athletes to turn in physicals now to speed up the clearing process. This way, if we can get back together and practice this fall you will be cleared and eligible. The school will be limiting the amount of people in the school, so please try and do registration electronically if possible. Once physicals are turned in it should be quick to register on Family ID once it is opened.
Once we get word from the school district, I will update everyone on when we may get back together as a team and what makes the most sense from a safety and training perspective. Moving forward, it is important to remember that our season has not been cancelled but simply pushed back. My goal is to make sure we are peaking for the season and not feeling burned out before it even starts. So this break actually comes at a good time from a training perspective since we have been logging miles as a team since early July. I’m looking at the delayed season as XC just being extended 😉
So let’s be patient and smart with training. I encourage you all to still try and get together with your pod and run low easy mileage. You are all still a team even when we can’t all get together. Let’s have some fun practices this week! Check below for this week’s practice info.
Tuesday 8/25- Mountain View @8am
Thursday 8/27- Mountain View @8am