Week Five 8/1 – 8/7:
Hey Cougs! Coaches are back in town and Moratorium Week is up, so the coaches will be at practice this week. There are a couple of things to pay attention to:
- Registration is now open for Fall Sports. Please make sure to get signed up through the Athletics page for MV. You need to register, pay the Pay-to-Play & have a current physical on file in order to practice/compete. Wednesday, August 10th is the last day to register and be able to practice on the 16th when official practices start. If you’re not cleared by the 110h you won’t be able to practice.
- Official practices start Monday, 8/15 (two weeks away!!). We will be having those practices at 3pm and will be meeting at Mountain View near the “Cross Country Tree” across from the ticket booth of the football stadium. Please bring water!! It’s going to be hot.
- The race calendar is still being worked out as local meets will be our priority and we’re still waiting on some finalized dates of meets.
This week’s workout schedule:
- Monday 8/1 – 8 am, meet at the COCC Track for a trail loop workout. Bring water and park on the road, then walk down to the track.
- Tuesday 8/2 – 30-45 min easy run on your own or with friends.
- Wednesday 8/3 – 8 am, meet at Goodrich Pasture Park as the meeting place for hills on Pilot Butte. Hopefully this will avoid any construction related issues.
- Saw blade workout using the 1/8th mile markings on the side of the road. Up two, down one. See my awesome graph w/o an X-axis.
- Thursday 8/4 – NEW!! 2 pm @ MVHS. 20 minute easy run followed by strength in the weight room. Should be done by 3:30pm.
- Friday 8/5 – 8 am, Drake Park by the stage. Loop to the top of Overturf Butte and back for strides and Ultimate if people want to play.
Saturday and Sunday – Get out for a 40-60 min easy run at some point. Go early, stay hydrated and run where you can get drinks. Try having a couple parks on your route to make sure you have water.