We’ll start our summer group runs on Monday, July 5th at 8:30am at Riverbend Park. These are completely optional, but a wonderful chance to get those base miles in and start gearing up for the XC season. Summer runs will be largely captain-led this summer, so if a coach isn’t there please pay attention to the captains and follow their lead. Be sure to check the website for updates to location and workout details as summer progresses.
We’re looking forward to having a relatively normal lead up to the season and hopefully and normal season.
IMPORTANT!!!! Be sure to bring plenty of water to practice, drink some water and get a small bite before you get to practice as well. It goes without saying that it is HOT right now and will continue to be throughout the summer.
Week One 7/5 – 7/11:
- Monday 7/5 – Riverbend Park
- Intro, name game if needed. Easy run 20-30 min at conversational pace. Strength & Core at the end.
- Wednesday 7/7 – 1st Street Rapids
- 15-20 min jog North on trail, turn back and stop at the base of the Mt Washington hill.
- 4-8 x hills, short but punchy climb, start by the pump house and ease into it.
- Stretching in whatever shade possible.
- Friday 7/9 – Drake Park by the bike racks in the middle of the park
- 25 – 40 min loop run to the wave bridge, flag bridge or Farewell Bend park bridge.
- 4 x ~70 m strides
- Strength & Core
- Post-practice social activity TBD (Bring $)