What a great weekend of XC! We had a ton of season bests and PRs. Both races seemed to be tough courses, with the Madras course having a huge hill and tricky terrain and Nike Portland being very muddy. We still had great performances and strong efforts (even with most of the team recovering from the plague). Check the list of PRs from the weekend below!
Now we have a quick turn around to the Oxford Classic here in Bend at Drake Park. This is an awesome meet and it is a great opportunity to get a lot loud Cougar XC fans out on the course! Invite friends and family to come out and cheer on Mountain View. Hopefully the Cougar mascot will make another appearance this year! Please read below for other important happenings this week.
- Sophomore Olivia Carpenter raced to a PR of 20:41 at Nike Portland.
- Sophomore Chase Schermer ran a PR of 16:58 and earned a top 50 medal at Nike Portland.
- Senior Nate Robbins had another PR performance running 18:38 at Nike Portland.
- Sophomore Iris Welsh continued her PR streak running 21:54 at Nike Portland.
- Freshman Sarah Nelson PRd at Nike Portland, running 22:14.
- Junior Shella Crafton PRd for the second time this season in 22:25.
- Senior Peyton Roberts ran a PR of 23:50 at Nike Portland.
- Freshman Paolo Aragon PRd with a time of 25:21 at the White Buffalo Invite.
Oxford Classic: Friday October, 4th @Drake Park
- Varsity Girls-2:00pm
- Varsity Boys-2:30pm
- JV Gold Girls-3:00pm
- JV Gold Boys-3:30pm
Bigfoot 10k volunteering: October, 6th
This year for the Bigfoot 10k we will be volunteering to help out on the course as usual, but we also have a cool option for athletes to run the race as a training run if they want. Athletes can use the discount code: XCATHLETE to get $30 off registration! This run is only to be used as a training run, not a competition! Our volunteer assignment will be at the finish area at River Bend Park. Be there at 8:30 am!
This week the team dinner will be at Emily Moore’s house. It will be Thursday after practice since we have a Friday race.
- Freshman- Drinks
- Juniors- Dessert
- Seniors- Salad
Monday 9/30-4pm @Mountain View. Aerobic run with quality strides. Strength
Tuesday 10/1-4pm @Mountain View. Whistle Drill workout.
Wednesday 10/2- 2:15pm- Run to Pine Nursery and help with LittleFoot races.
Thursday 10/3- 4pm @Mountain View. Pre-race easy run with strides.
Friday 10/4- Race Day! Oxford Classic. Dismissed @11:45pm
Saturday 10/5- Rest day
Sunday 10/6- Bigfoot 10k volunteering @9am