Week Five 8/1 – 8/7:
Hey Cougs! We’re back to some semi-normal temperatures this week, but we’re going to keep practice at 8:00am. Coaches are excited to see the team this week and meet the newcomers. Some things for this week:
- Registration is now open for Fall Sports. Please make sure to get signed up through the Athletics page for MV. You need to register, pay the Pay-to-Play & have a current physical on file in order to practice/compete. Wednesday, August 10th is the last day to register and be able to practice on the 15th when official practices start. If you’re not cleared by the 10th you won’t be able to practice on the 15th.
- Official practices start Monday, 8/15 (two weeks away!!). We will be having those practices at 3pm and will be meeting at Mountain View near the “Cross Country Tree” across from the ticket booth of the football stadium. Please continue to bring water!! It’s going to be hot.
- The race calendar is still being worked out as local meets will be our priority and we’re still waiting on some finalized dates of meets, but you can check Athletic.net to get a few of the dates on your calendars.
- Monday 8/1 – 8 am, meet at COCC Track for a trail loop workout. Park somewhere on the the street and walk down. Bring water, Monday is still going to be warm still.
- Tuesday 8/2 – 30-45 min easy run on your own or with friends.
- Wednesday 8/3 – 8 am, meet at Goodrich Pasture Park as the meeting place for hills on Pilot Butte. Hopefully this will avoid any construction related issues.
- Saw blade workout using the 1/8th mile markings on the side of the road. Up two, down one. See my awesome graph w/o an X-axis.
- Thursday 8/4 – NEW!! 2 pm @ MVHS. 20 minute easy run followed by strength in the weight room. Should be done by 3:30pm.
- Friday 8/5 – 8 am, Drake Park by the stage. Loop to the top of Overturf Butte and back for strides and Ultimate if people want to play.
- Saturday 8/6 – Active recovery.
- Sunday 8/7 – 40-60 min long run. Try to get out early while it’s stilly relatively cool. If you can’t carry a bottle of water with you, be sure to run where you’ll have access to parks with drinking fountains.