- Monday 7/18 – Juniper Park @ 8:00 am. Meet by the tennis courts.
- 10 min warm up jog and drills
- 2-4 x 1/2 mile loop starting at tempo pace and finishing with a hard effort
- Finish with Strength and Core.
- Tuesday 7/19 – 30 – 45 min easy run on your own or with friends.
- Wednesday 7/20 – Pilot Butte Park @ 8:00 am. Meet by the playground.
- 3 laps around the base grass area
- Warm up drills (get water before workout)
- Jog to the base of the road hill. On the road or side gravel. 6 – 12 x 1 minute up/30sec down recovery. Work hard, but don’t sprint the uphills. Easy jog or walk the downhills. Most should work with the goal of making it to the top of the hill by the end. Get water at the top before heading down.
- Stretch and elevate your legs.
- Thursday 7/21 – 25-35 min easy run or cardio alternative. If biking or hiking, double the time but be sure to have plenty of water with you and a light snack for during or after the workout.
- Friday 7/22 – Shevlin Park @ 8:00 am. Meet in the gravel lot section near the gate and park loop trailhead. The longer loop is around 5 miles, and you can do various out and backs. I suggest going counterclockwise starting with the trail on the west side of the creek first. Try to stick together and always run with a buddy. It makes the runs more fun, and makes keeping track of everyone easier.
- Saturday and Sunday – For one or both days be active for an hour or more. Anything that gets your heartrate up. Low impact is great, but going for an easy jog on soft surfaces is an easy go to. Go explore. Use Google Earth or another mapping service to plot a new route you’ve never tried or find a place you haven’t seen yet. Running is an incredible way to explore new places efficiently.
’22 Summer Running Week 3
Please make sure to join the new Remind group. The link is: https://www.remind.com/join/ebd6c64 If you have the app already, please add this group. We’re going to change the start times this week to try and beat the heat a bit. 8:00am will be the start time for practices. Week Three 7/18 – 7/24: